Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 18 ~ Your Views On Gay Marriage



I have been waiting ever so patiently for this one to come up.  I am kind of selective about which ones I post to Facebook - it doesn't make sense why I am - they can all be seen, but this one is going up there loud and proud as I am sure that I will get a few emails and messages in private, of course, giving me shit for it - I always do.  It's Ok, I like it.

'It isn't appropriate!  You have a daughter, and are setting a bad example!'

I will tell you that I am raising one of the most open-minded and accepting kids that you will ever meet.  She sees love for everybody - your color or orientation matter not to her, and that is one of the most valuable lessons that I can give to her.  So, before you go sending your judgmental letters of hate to my inbox - fuck off. 
  
In my support for gay marriage -  of the gay community, and gay rights I have lost many friends.  I really couldn't care less as they simply proved what kind of person they truly were - one that I wanted nothing to do with.  I don't have time for small, ugly, and judgmental minds.

I don't care what you are - I don't care who you are - you deserve to be happy, you deserve the same rights, and you deserve the same recognition of your love and commitment to each other that everyone else deserves...and has.



1 comment: