Monday, January 31, 2011

One Step Up, 5 Steps Back

I thought that I was over it.

After all, it has been over a year, if not longer, since all communication just suddenly stopped.  I wouldn't do what he wanted me to do so he left... in every sense of the word.

Love of my life, high school sweetheart - the one that broke my heart the best.

A mutual friend just HAD to tell me that she heard the news today, oh boy.  He is getting married this year to the one that he met after me.
One that I also went to school with, and was very good friends with at one time.

How does that feel going down?
Like a switchblade dipped in alcohol would feel cutting the inside of your throat.
Maybe a 10" sword covered in salt and vinegar being stabbed repeatedly into my stomach.
Or repeated blows to the head with a fucking baseball bat that has spikes on the end of it.

I had pretty much put him out of my head along with the feelings that I had for him, and wished him well, but hearing that stirred up everything all over again.

He always said that he was only doing it once - I hope it works out for him.

I am having my moment, and I am going to push it away.

It will not define nor destroy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment