Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Turning It Around Again

So funny how things can go from one extreme to the other.  For example when breaking up with someone - if it is a bad break-up the hate you feel for that person is overwhelming, and just a few short weeks or months ago you couldn't live without each other.

I said a few things in that previous post that are so untrue right now.  I wish him well, and I am glad that I got to see him after 22 years, but I am not at all sorry that I can't be the one to 'fix' him.  I am putting my foot down right now, and am done taking on issues and problems that aren't mine.  I have always wanted to help, and fix things for my friends.  I want everyone to be happy, and if there is something that I can do to help that then I don't think twice about doing it.

Not anymore.  The line for being there to offer a shoulder, and taking it all on has become almost non-existent, and I need to define it once again.

I learned a lot about myself this year, and I feel that I am finally almost 100% happy with that person.  She still needs a little fine tuning, but she has come a long way, and I am proud of her, and that is what I need to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment