Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 24 ~ Make a Playlist to Someone


It is no secret that music is a vital part of my life.  It has saved me, spoken what I didn't have the nerve to, said it when I couldn't say it myself, and so much more.

I, of course, made the entry to Ashleigh.  I am supposed to write an explanation for each song, but as it does so well, I am going to let the music speak for itself.  I have put notes on a few, though.

I will say that some songs have a very deep meaning, and some just remind me of a time.

I know she will know.


Madonna - Little Star
Alice in Chains - Rooster
Rod Stewart - Forever Young
You Are My Sunshine - I will forever carry the sound of her little voice singing this to me.
Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely
Janis Joplin - Bobby McGee - The only song that would stop her kicking in my tummy.
Heart - Dog and Butterfly
Cat Stevens - Wild World
The Beatles - In My Life
Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
Stone Temple Pilots - Sour Girl
Stone Temple Pilots - I Got You
Pink - Perfect
Live - Lightining Crashes
Antigone Rising - You're The Reason
Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror
Blind Melon - Three is the Magic Number - Her favorite to sing in the car.
Blue October - Fairytale
Christina - Beautiful
Aretha Franklin - R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Aerosmith - Dream On
Jane's Addiction - Jane Says
Blondie - The Tide is High
Elton John - Bennie and the Jets
Foo Fighters - Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment